Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jared, the Author

Thursday, the day before the school year ended, Jared presented his book, "My Favorite Things," to his second grade class. The PTA sponsors a program that allows the children to create books and have them published. I have volunteered with this program the last two years. The reason Jared presented his book so late is that his was the last one I helped finish. I worked with a lot of kids before I finally got to his. It's a great program, and parents are invited to watch the kids present their books to their classmates. I really didn't know what to expect, but Jared's communications teacher did an excellent job preparing him and helping him through it. The kids and the general education teacher (she's a gem) were also wonderful. It was a great experience. See for yourselves:


1 comment:

brokenwings said...

Renee, That is soooo beautiful! I love this video and I wish there were a way that it could be bigger. I love the reactions of the kids the first time he said his name, and the acceptance and loving atmosphere! I'm VERY impressed.

Love, Naureen

Ps. James is an AMAZING brother! I can't say that enough.